Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Celtic Solstice

Earlier this year when I first began reading Bonnie Hunter's blog, I decided to do her mystery quilt this year. Celtic Solstice, her 2013 Mystery Quilt began on Friday, Nov. 29th. She had given information about colors and yardage in October, so I had already chosen those. I decided to use the Tri Recs rulers to cut triangles since I have never used them before. I want as many new experiences as possible to learn from, it keeps my brain busy. Friday, I cut and cut and cut. Saturday and Sunday, I sewed a lot, ripped a few, trimmed a few and got better the more I sewed. By the timed I finished, I didn't need to trim at all. Nothing was off much, I think it was my own "it has to be perfect self" getting in the way. The colors Bonnie chose appeal to me, so I will be using them too.
I will be making the smaller size quilt, so 188 units are finished and waiting.
Ready for Clue # 2 this Friday. Keeping up and finishing each step as we go will be a challenge, but I am sure going to try. You can read all about the first clue on Bonnie's blog, just click on the little green bear on the right side of this page. To see others progress on step 1, follow this link here

2 comments:

  1. One more day til the next clue..yours is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing well.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete