Monday, December 9, 2013

Celtic Solstice Part 2

The second clue for Bonnie Hunter's 2013 mystery quilt was posted on Friday. It is a chevron unit using green, yellow and neutral fabrics. This is the first time I have made this type of unit. All of the cutting done on Friday and I began putting the units together on Saturday. I did mark the diagonal line on the squares, but chose to clip the corners off directly into my crumb bag instead of making bonus triangles. These have not gone as quickly as I had hope and actually take more concentration then the triangle units. I prefer to make sets of ten and then ten more to combine into chevrons. As with the triangle units, I get more accurate the more units I make. The first few that I combined were done wrong, at least I caught my mistake quickly.
To see the progress of others, click on the following link here

No comments:

Post a Comment