Monday, December 30, 2013

Celtic Solstice Part 5

Wow! I am so glad I made Chicken Tortilla Soup today. Not only did I get to smell it cooking in the crock pot all day, I got to sew without worrying what I was making for dinner. It has also gotten very cold outside... well, at least for this south Texas girl it is very cold. The soup hit the spot for dinner.

I finished Clue 5 of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice today. I worked on these units in bits and pieces this weekend. I try to sew for about an hour and a half and then take a break for a while. If I go much longer, I find I get careless with seam widths and have to trim or rip out. Seems like the older I get the shorter my attention span. It helps to break things up.



Tomorrow, I am going to begin working on some skirts for my daughter. I used to sew clothes for both daughters all the time when they were little. Not so much any more. I was surprised when she asked me to do them. This ought to be fun.

Check out the progress of others on Bonnie Hunter's blog.

2 comments:

  1. You are all set for the next clue! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cheerful oranges you're using - ♥ 'em!

    ReplyDelete