Sunday, January 5, 2014

Celtic Solstice blocks are complete

It is early Sunday morning, but I actually finished all the Celtic Solstice quilt blocks about 10:30 Saturday night. Then I went to the kitchen to put away the applesauce that had been cooking in the crockpot. I decided to go ahead and get this picture up before I get in bed. I am so determined that this quilt is not going to be a UFO. I also want to show it off at my quilt groups on Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow, I plan to cut the border fabrics and sew the orange and blue triangle in a square units together. I will not have time to web the top until Monday. If I plan it just right, I may get it done by Wednesday, or finish putting the borders on at my quilt group on Wednesday. Can you find my two mistakes, I decided to leave them for right now. I may change my mind before I begin webbing the top though. I have had a really fun time making this quilt and I will probably do some more Bonnie Hunter quilts.


I have it laid out five across because I don't have room on my floor to lay it out seven across. I made the smaller size because I don't need a king size quilt.

Well, it is Monday and I am just now getting to webbing the top. I plan to finish that part today. Then I'll see if I get to any borders. Yesterday, I spent most of the day with my mom at the assisted living center where she lives, so I did not get any of the borders prepared.

Lots of other people have posted their progress on Bonnie Hunter's blog. There are some beautiful quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment